Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Bernard Hopkins vs. Kelly Pavlik

Bernard Hopkins vs. Kelly Pavlik - Boxing

Just came across highlights for this fight (yes I rarely watch boxing and yes I realize this is from 2008). Of course, person who made it quite likely was a Bernard Hopkins fan, but something near the end of the clip really caught my attention. Skip to the 6:10 mark, Hopkins is face to face with his opponent, who minutes earlier both were still trading punches at each other after the final bell, the referee bravely trying to separate the two men.


The audio cuts in to Hopkins encouraging him with advice. Hopkins tells his defeated opponent not to be discouraged by this loss, not to let 'this loss destroy you.'

To me, that is classy. For me, I put myself in Kelly Pavlik's shoes and take Bernard Hopkins' advice to heart. Don't be discouraged by set backs, instead rise up and get at it again to come back better.


Enjoy.


No comments: